November 10

A Long, Thankful Hiatus

It’s been quite a few months since a new post has been written, but all for good reason. This summer was a fabulous family break from most of work-still don’t know how to step away from it all. Since then some new adventures have come my way.  My job has placed me at one school, as opposed to two, and that has been a wonderful adjustment. Relearning a school where I was a classroom teacher to make sure I meet their constantly changing needs definitely keeps a technologist busy. Plus both of my proposals have been accepted at VSTE this year! This is the fabulous Virginia state conference where you can learn anything and everything from fellow teachers and technology leaders. My presentations will contain “One Page Wonders” where I’ll be showing you how to create 1-2 page never ending SMART Notebook activities and highlighting some favorite websites written about in this “Kuzma Kronikle”.

In the mean time, we are in the season of being thankful for all the wonderful things we have in our lives. Below are a few ideas for Veteran’s Day and Thanksgiving Day.

• Veteran’s Day NEA ideas
  • Veteran’s Day writing ideas: Create a document in Word, Publisher, PowerPoint (multiple slides can be combined into one file), thanking a Veteran or reflecting on the impact soldiers have had on their lives. The document can be a paragraph, poster, picture/sentence, what ever your students are able to create
  • Thanksgiving Symbaloo You don’t need a Symbaloo account to view the links. There are 52 sites to check out!
  • 18 Ideas on Ask a Teacher Blog      This is a great blog that has simple and easy to use ideas
  • Turkey Poem Generator This is a great twist on the typical Thanksgiving poem as it’s from the perspective of the turkey. You can read more about it on last year’s post.

Posted November 10, 2014 by jkuzma in category Uncategorized